- DAY 1: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY – OLLANTAYTAMBO.
- DAY 2: OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 104 – WIÑAYWAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
- DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
DAY 1: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY – OLLANTAYTAMBO.
The tour starts at 8:00 AM with the pick up from your hotel in Cusco, then we will make the trip to the “Sacred Valley of the Incas” we will visit the typical market of Pisaq where you can see the famous artisan fair and also visit the archaeological group of Pisac, where you can see picturesque terraces cultivated in the mountains, then we will go to the town of Urubamba to have lunch (optional $ 20 USD per person), then visit the Ollantaytambo fortress, agricultural terraces, water temple and its artisan market, finally we leave you at the hotel in this town so you can rest, the tour of the sacred valley ends approximately 4:30 PM, so in the afternoon you will have free time to visit this small town on your own.
Night of hotel in Ollantaytambo.
DAY 2: OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 104 – WIÑAYWAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
7:20 AM we will board the train in Ollantaytambo that will take you to the km. 104, the trip is about 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 m / 7,217 ft) where we will start the walk, we will pass by the bridge that is on the Urubamba or Willkamayuc River which translated from Quechua means Sacred River, which was very important for them. When you arrive at the control point you have to show the identification documents, either Passport or Alien Registration Card or National Identity Document. 15 minutes walk is the archeological center of Chachabamba and Choquesuysuy that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after your visit we will begin the walk through tiers upwards until we reach the next place on the way we will observe the sacred valley , water cascades and different types of semi-tropical forest orchids, after 3 hours of walking we will arrive at Wiñaywayna (2,650 m / 8,694 ft) it shows a perfect example of what agriculture was in the time of the Incas, since a Along its skirts lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name Wiñaywayna comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and that has as meaning in Spanish “Eternally young” and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the Temple of the Rainbow also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the box lunch to replenish energy and continue until you reach the Wiñaywayna control.
In this second part of the route we will walk for 2 hours through an Andean plan, stone stairs and tambos (“resting places”) until we reach the Inti Punku – Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) that during the Incas functioned as control of entry to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; From here you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire surrounding valley, then descend for approximately 30 minutes to the wonder of Machu Picchu world (2,490 m / 8,169 ft) and finally take the bus to Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu Town (2,160 m / 7,086 ft) the trip lasts 25 minutes, here we will spend the night in a very comfortable hotel. If you are not very tired, you have the option of visiting the thermal baths that is 10 minutes from the town, the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance or have a drink in a bar, we inform you that Aguas Calientes has a wide variety of bars and restaurants, including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank. Here we will also have a delicious a la carte dinner in a very cozy restaurant in this town.
Hotel night in the towns of Aguas Calientes.
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
This day we will start very early and after breakfast we board the first bus, we will travel for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. Once the visit is finished, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb to the mountain Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu, this costs $ 25 USD extra per person.
At the appropriate time, we’ll descend from Machu Picchu to “Aguas Calientes” where you will be able to enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants.
In the afternoon, we’ll take the train back to Cusco (you must be in the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train), arriving at the train station in Ollantaytambo, we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1 hour and 30-minute trip by car).
End of services.
- Pick up from the hotel in Cusco.
- Tour Sacred Valley (transport, tour guide tickets and lunch buffet).
- 1 Night of Hotel in Ollantaytambo 3 ***
- Transfers from the hotel to the train station.
- Train ticket from Ollanta to Km. 104.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish).
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Food (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner).
- Bus ticket Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- 1 Night of Hotel in Aguas Calientes 3 ***
- First aid kit, oxygen ball.
- Return train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Lunch on the last day: after the guided tour to Machu Picchu.
- Visit to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes town (optional).
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BRING
- Bring your original passport
- Student card with current date.
- Bring hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Bring trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Bring a headlamp.(Very important)
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Carry a rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Carry a swimwear for the hot springs (optional).
- Buy a water Bottle (recommended 1 liter).